Thursday, December 15, 2011

Chocoholics

We've always liked our chocolate, but moving to the land of chocolate has made us eat noticeably more than we used to! Switzerland is allegedly the topmost chocolate-loving nation (though I bet other countries would disagree), and has the highest per capita rate of chocolate consumption worldwide, according to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_chocolate)! I feel like we are personally helping Switzerland win!

Here is what we typically face at your average grocery store in Geneva:


 I could not fit the entire chocolate section in this picture. And I actually had to take this very quickly, as this is, not surprisingly, a very busy part of the store!

Ryan has a preference for dark chocolate, I think the darker the better. I go between milk and white chocolate, but I'm really not that discriminating. We do try to buy more Swiss chocolate than chocolate from another country, and we are stocking up on Swiss chocolate to give as gifts to our friends and family in the US.

Toblerone is of course a well-known brand in most countries, and you certainly can't escape it here!
I found this tasty delight at the restaurant where I have lunch on weekdays:


Yes, a pastry filled with gooey Toblerone goodness. Makes me think of pain au chocolate, which I have loved every since I was much younger, visiting my family in France.
Ahh, chocolate! I could on and on and on...

No comments:

Post a Comment